I remember that time you told me
"Love is touching souls"
Surely you touched mine
'Cause part of you pours out of me
In these lines from time to time.
my holy wine
tastes so bitter and so sweet
Well I could drink a case of you, darling
and I would still be on my feet
I would still be on my feet
- Joni Mitchell, "A Case of You"
Here's what invokes my passions, my desires - and sometimes, my anger.
Passions (rated PG)
- Roundy, fat people (see my Camyrn Mannheim Worship Page)
- Skin with absolute coloration (midnight black, absolute pale)
- Erotolingua (you figure it out)
- Juxtaposition of disparate elements
- Red Hat Linux (brand new Passion)
- Midnight dark hair (especially with silver in it)
- Fiery crimson hair
- Stories based on the Hero's Journey
- Italian food - especially food I've made myself
- Rainy days
- Storms at night
- Cool breezes
- Silk, lace, and velvet
- And more, yes, just can't think of them all right this very moment.
Desires (that's what I want)
all of this world is fleeting, but you know, that doesn't keep me from wanting it sometimes. Here's excerpts from a card I carry in my wallet which talks about what I want, plus some additions. I actually got into a lot of trouble with a former friend for wanting these things, I think she had a problem with the very idea of it - or perhaps she was afraid because she didn't see herself in the list. It is not a very circumspect list, mind you. In other words, I didn't really filter it through the, "Should I want this?" filter. I just want them. Just in case the Genie appears and asks me what I want:
- a good bed (once again, good is relative - mayhaps one of those comfort sleep mattresses, or a cell-structure waterbed, or just a giganto California King-size that takes up the entire room. Yeah.)
- an Internet-ready PC for a.) my parents and b.) my church
- a decent laptop with an active matrix screen, nice modem
- some new shoes (I go through shoes like a hot knife through butter)
- a really nice sword
- to be able to go sailing regularly (only been once, but I love it)
- another trip to Ireland
- another trip to Edmonton, Alberta to play in a LARP (they have some of the best LARPS in the world)
- a (new) Duvet cover for the bed (ever slept under or on one? wow. Another miracle allergy cure request, please.)
- Enough bookshelves (okay, there are never enough, really, but this would be a close approximation - the idea being that very few if any books have to live so that you can't see their spines)
- to write another novel (gonna happen, I just know it, any day now)
- to write a book of poetry (this is when I'm old and nearly dead, maybe...so I can leave it behind and not have to worry about whether it sells)
- a trip to Manhattan, NYC, NY (you can't really get it out of your head once you've been)
- to learn how to meditate better
- to get more exercise doing something I enjoy (OK, this is a long shot - but maybe paint ball is the answer)
- to see my old friend Dean (my bestest buddy, my pal)
- to enjoy a purely creative enterprise again (hasn't happened since High School, really)
- to never be far away from my love, ever again
Here is my (ever growing) list of Attained Desires!!! Yay!
- a good dog (good is relative, plus a dog is a walking allergen, so, this one may have to wait until miracle allergy cures happen, or we bathe the puppy twice a week) I got a doggy! Her name is Zoe. She is a terrier mix puppy we got at the pound. Yay!
- a really good gaming group. (OK, now I have two really good ones)
- a nice looking watch that's comfortable to wear (I normally hate watches. I love this one!
- To enjoy peace and harmony in my house and my life over 50% of the time
I'm a pretty easy-going guy. Here's what ticks me off.
- Crack babies
- Bill of Rights attackers
- government regulation of the Internet
- hate groups
- hypocrites (including myself, when I am hypocritical)
- vandals, stalkers, polluters, and other enemies of beauty
- inequal pay for equal work
- the fact that teachers are not respected like diplomats and/or treated like sports stars
- the fact that some governments take steps to keep their people from learning at home
- People who think roleplaying games are satanic.
- People who make assumptions about me.
- People who try to take other people's copyrighted works for their own
OK, that's enough of that. I am sure I can go on, but why?
Finally, here is a page of fiery polemics from Usenet, for what they're worth.